All of us can do much to address homelessness:
- First and foremost, pray for Family Promise of Southern Chester County, its leaders and volunteers. Pray that the homeless in our community will receive the help they need.
- Help your congregation get involved as a host congregation or as a support church. Contact Susan Minarchi at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how a congregation can get involved. See our participating congregations here.
- Coordinate or facilitate an Adult/Teen Sunday school or small group study using the “Just Neighbors” curriculum, produced by Family Promise. (flexible format includes 9 one-hour sessions with 5 original videos.)
- E-mail job opportunities and housing leads for our clients to email@example.com
- Volunteer your time and talents. We need people to work in the Resource Center and serve on our committees.
- Provide dinner for the guests.
- Help a host congregation staff evening/overnight volunteers.
- Volunteer at the Resource Center during the weekdays and on weekends (assist the director with phone calls, paperwork and guest services.)
- Provide donations of snacks, gift cards for gas or groceries for our guests. Please note: All furniture donations should go to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Kennett Square.
- Support our efforts financially by making a tax-deductible contribution to Family Promise of Southern Chester County. Information to make donations can be found here. Please see our Gift Acceptance Policy and our Vehicle Donation Policy.
The need is great. Anything you can do will be greatly appreciated. Call us at 610-444-0400 to get involved!